This contest has two parts, which together constitute a single entry:
- Part 1: Create a custom Force-user minifigure using any official or modified parts from your collection, AND...
- Part 2: Create a vignette, with your custom figure in it, using only unmodified parts from ONE single battle pack set.
How to Enter
- Sign up for a forum account if you do not already have one, create an entry, and post it to the Submissions Thread via the rules outlined below.
- The contest will begin as soon as you start building! Submissions will be accepted starting 12:01 a.m. on May 15, 2009, to 11:59 p.m. on June 15, 2009. (All times are in US Central Standard Time [GMT -6]).
- The contest is open to all residents worldwide who are 13 years of age or older as of May 15, 2009, so spread the word! Only Kaminoan, Arealight, and MMCB are inelligible.
- Each entry will consist of one custom minifigure depicting an existing Force-user from the Star Wars universe (created using any pieces in your LEGO collection as well as modified elements) presented in an 8x8 vignette scene (created using only unmodified pieces, including the minifigures, from any ONE single battle pack) to showcase the custom figure.
- A valid entry submission consists of one post to the Submissions Thread containing TWO images (ONE photo of your custom figure alone, and ONE photo of the overall vignette with the custom figure in it) and a link to the Wookieepedia entry for your character. Each photo must be exactly 400x400 pixels in size. You may include a link to a gallery with more images of the figure and vignette, but ultimately your entry will be judged solely by the two photos you choose to submit.
- You must label your both halves of your entry using a Username_EntryType_Title.jpg format:
- Adding Photoshopped effects that do not physically alter your entry (such as adding backgrounds to your vignette or creating gunfire and Force effects) are allowed. Effects that do physically alter the figure itself (such as adding a "light up" feature to a head, overlaying virtual decals on it, or adding additional parts to the figure) are illegal and will cause the entry to be disqualified. If in doubt about a digital effect's legality, please ask before submitting your entry to avoid the risk of it being disqualified!
- You may submit multiple entries, but each entry must be entered as its own separate post in the Submissions Thread. Submissions in any other threads will be immediately disqualified. Once an entry is submitted you may not change or resubmit it, so make sure you are 100% satisified with it before submitting. If you do submit multiple entries, each figure AND vignette must be unique from one another– you cannot create one figure and enter it three times in different vignettes, or enter the same vignette with three different figures. Be creative!
- If your entry is disqualified, that is it. You cannot use the same figure or vignette and resubmit your entry. If you are in doubt over any part of your entry, contact a staff member for their approval before you submit your entry in the submission thread.
Part 1: The Figure
- Your custom figure must represent an existing humanoid Force-user (Jedi, Sith, Force Adept, etc.) from the Star Wars universe, as listed in Wookieepedia. It will constructed with official LEGO minifigure parts. It may also be modified with additional elements such as decals, painted or cut pieces, third-party weapons, and so on– anything goes!
- A legal humanoid minifigure is considered to be one in which the majority of its construction (75% or more) comes from the use of minifig parts (a head, torso, arms/hands, and legs), rather than brick-built. Your custom figure must use at least three of the four humanoid parts as they were intended.
Part 2: The Vignette
- The vignette portion of the contest is intended to show your figure in an environment constructed using the battlepack's pieces. UPDATE: The vignette scene was originally intended to showcase the figure in action, either by leading the pack's figures into battle or fighting against them– that is now a guideline and not an absolute requirement.
- Creation of the vig itself is limited to using the unmodified pieces from any ONE single battle pack from the list below and ONE 8x8 plate as a base. Unmodified minfigures in a battle pack can be used as part of the vig. (Modifying any part of the battle pack is not allowed– customization is to be limited to your custom figure only!)
- 7654 - Droids Battle Pack
7655 - Clone Troopers Battle Pack
7667 - Imperial Dropship
7668 - Rebel Scout Speeder
8014 - Clone Walker Battle Pack
8015 - Assassin Droids Battle Pack
- Contest entries will be judged in two rounds. The first round will be conducted within the forum by way of a weighted system where each member posts his or her votes, and will determine the top 10 entries. The second round will be conducted using the same weighted system with the addition of several external judges, and will determine the final contest rankings from within the top 10 entries. Tie-breakers will be determined by Kaminoan, Arealight, and MMCB as needed.
- Email notifications about voting being open will be sent to eligible voters at the start of each voting round.
- To be eligible to vote in the contest, you must either have been a registered K.A.M. forum member with 20 or more posts as of May 15, 2009 or have submitted at least one valid contest entry.
- 1st Place: Your choice of one Chrome C-3PO or one Chrome Darth Vader minifigure
- 2nd Place: Will receive whichever chrome figure the First Place Winner did not select
- Please keep all questions and discussion pertaining to the contest in this thread. The Submissions Thread is for submissions only. DO NOT make comments in the Submissions Thread as that may result in a disqualificiation, suspension, or ban.
- Please feel free to share your custom creations on other forums. However, attempting to recruit people elsewhere to simply join up and vote for you is considered spamming and will not be tolerated. If this becomes an issue, we have the right to disqualify you from this and all future contests.
- For goodness' sake, don't try to argue with the site admins over the contest! That's the fastest way to get thrown out. We are in this for fun, not because we enjoy having people arguing with us because they don't like what we are doing.
- The K.A.M. staff reserves the right to disqualify any entries for any reason including ones that are distorted, skewed, stretched, pixelated, out of focus, etc. All decisions by the K.A.M. staff are final! If in doubt, please run your creation by a staff member before submitting it!
The Short-Short Reader's Digest Version
- Make a custom Force-user LEGO minifigure of an existing character (per Wookieepedia) using official or modified pieces
- Make a vignette for your figure using only unmodified parts from ONE battle pack and an additional 8x8 baseplate
- Submit one 400x400 photo of the custom figure by itself and one 400x400 photo of the figure in the vignette as a single post in the Submission Thread
Good Luck to all!
–The K.A.M. Staff
Disclaimer: K.A.M. Sponsored Forums is not responsible for your lack of sleep, appetite, missing work or school, or any other maladies you develop during the pursuit of this contest!