....As a skilled cloning and robotics expert you work building dedicated body guards for the highest paying crime syndicate in the galaxy, the Desilijic clan run by none other than Jabba the Hutt. Urgent messages have arrived from both the Republic and the Separatists forces. You decide to pay Jabba no botha, a cross roads you stand, as you must decide who to assist or if you should play them against each other. You stand to score enough creds to vanish from the galaxy and buy your own planet. Read the messages below and decide your fate.
Both message couriers request that you destroy the messages after reading.
1. Contest is open to ANY and ALL, WORLDWIDE, so spread the word. The only ineligible people are Kaminoan, Arealight, and MMCB. To enter all that is required is to create a forum account (if you can't post, please pm an admin), and post the appropriate contest entry following the rules set forth.
2. Figure must be related to current contest, ie, a customized participant in the Clone Wars (no Jedi or Sith). This means any humanoid shaped droid, alien, human, or clone trooper. As everyone knows a combatant isn't fully equipped for combat without a weapon, so make sure your entry is holding its', his, or her weapon.
3. Figure must use official parts but custom elements are still allowed. Lego Bricks and plates are to be kept to a minimum. Entries must fit in with current minifig clones and/or droids. Decals, cut up parts, whatever, it all flies here.
4. You are allowed to submit as many FIGURES as you like, only limit is ONE ENTRY PER POST. If you have multiple entries you must make multiple posts. Please be creative.
5. Picture submission will be via the forums, in the contest submissions thread. ONLY entries that are submitted in the appropriate Contest Submission thread are eligible. Submissions in any other threads will be disqualified.
6. Pictures must be formatted to 400 pixels x 400 pixels and posted in the appropriate forum. Limit of 1 picture per Figure!!! You may link your one picture to a gallery, but your figure will be judged solely on this ONE photo. THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED, if you resize the photo to be distorted (ie, skewed, stretched, or out of shape from what it should be) FC has the right to disqualify the entry.
Your image must be EXACTLY 400x400pixels. Please keep this in mind
7. Photoshop and other digital effects are legal, unless they contribute to the customization of the figure. Meaning the figure MUST physically exist, as must all the customized parts.
Clarification- This is meant to be for background type photoshopping not adding effects to the minifig, please do not photoshop effects such as lighting up eye's or such, those customizations much physically exist such as running led lights into the head.
Contest Rules and Provisions
1. The Contest will start as soon as you start Constructing, but submissions will be accepted from Midnight on Feb 1, 2009 to 11:59 pm on Feb 28, 2009. All times are in US Central Standard Time (GMT -6).
2. Only contest entrants (ie anyone who enters an appropriate figure in the contest) and forum members with more than 10 posts at the time of the contest start will be permitted to vote (bump or nonsense posts to pad that count do not qualify).
3. The contest will be judged by forum poll, counting for 75% of their score. The other 25% of the score will come from a panel of non-Lego people, of the FC selection.
4. If there are more than 20 submissions then non-poll forum voting will take place. This voting is scaled voting where eligible voters will get to cast 5 votes (3 of which can NOT be for your own custom). These 5 votes will be scaled by priority. 1st 10 points, 2nd 8 points, 3rd 6 points, 4th 4 points, and 5th 2 points. This process will be used to identify the top 25 entries which will then be placed into a second round of forum poll voting until a majority vote exists for a top competitor. This will then represent 75% of the final vote tally with the other 25% coming from the non-LEGO judges resulting in the final contest results.
5. Don't make comments (good or bad) in the entry thread, you will be disqualified and/or banned from posting for a set period.
6. Please feel free to share your custom creations on other forums, however please do not go trolling for votes. This is considered spamming. If this becomes an issue, we have the right to disqualify you from the contest. No one likes spamming as it's annoying and doing so does not help to promote the site or the contest. Doing so is likely to get you banned from these forums as we want to be good community members.
7. For goodness sakes, don't try to argue with the site admins over the contest, that's the fastest way to get thrown out. We are in this for fun, not for having people try to argue with us because you don't like what we are doing.
8. All decisions by the FC are final. The FC reserves the right to disqualify any submissions for any reason.
Good Luck to all!
Disclaimer: KAM Sponcesored Forums is not responsible for your lack of sleep, appetite, missing work or school, or any other maladies you develop during the pursuit of the goals set forth in this contest!!!!!!!!