K.A.M. Sponsored Custom Clone Wars Combatant Contest!

K.A.M. Sponsored Custom Clone Wars Combatant Contest!

Postby Kaminoan » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:10 am

....As a skilled cloning and robotics expert you work building dedicated body guards for the highest paying crime syndicate in the galaxy, the Desilijic clan run by none other than Jabba the Hutt. Urgent messages have arrived from both the Republic and the Separatists forces. You decide to pay Jabba no botha, a cross roads you stand, as you must decide who to assist or if you should play them against each other. You stand to score enough creds to vanish from the galaxy and buy your own planet. Read the messages below and decide your fate.

Both message couriers request that you destroy the messages after reading.

Entry Qualifications

1. Contest is open to ANY and ALL, WORLDWIDE, so spread the word. The only ineligible people are Kaminoan, Arealight, and MMCB. To enter all that is required is to create a forum account (if you can't post, please pm an admin), and post the appropriate contest entry following the rules set forth.

2. Figure must be related to current contest, ie, a customized participant in the Clone Wars (no Jedi or Sith). This means any humanoid shaped droid, alien, human, or clone trooper. As everyone knows a combatant isn't fully equipped for combat without a weapon, so make sure your entry is holding its', his, or her weapon.

3. Figure must use official parts but custom elements are still allowed. Lego Bricks and plates are to be kept to a minimum. Entries must fit in with current minifig clones and/or droids. Decals, cut up parts, whatever, it all flies here.

4. You are allowed to submit as many FIGURES as you like, only limit is ONE ENTRY PER POST. If you have multiple entries you must make multiple posts. Please be creative.

5. Picture submission will be via the forums, in the contest submissions thread. ONLY entries that are submitted in the appropriate Contest Submission thread are eligible. Submissions in any other threads will be disqualified.

6. Pictures must be formatted to 400 pixels x 400 pixels and posted in the appropriate forum. Limit of 1 picture per Figure!!! You may link your one picture to a gallery, but your figure will be judged solely on this ONE photo. THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED, if you resize the photo to be distorted (ie, skewed, stretched, or out of shape from what it should be) FC has the right to disqualify the entry.
Your image must be EXACTLY 400x400pixels. Please keep this in mind

7. Photoshop and other digital effects are legal, unless they contribute to the customization of the figure. Meaning the figure MUST physically exist, as must all the customized parts.
Clarification- This is meant to be for background type photoshopping not adding effects to the minifig, please do not photoshop effects such as lighting up eye's or such, those customizations much physically exist such as running led lights into the head.
Contest Rules and Provisions

1. The Contest will start as soon as you start Constructing, but submissions will be accepted from Midnight on Feb 1, 2009 to 11:59 pm on Feb 28, 2009. All times are in US Central Standard Time (GMT -6).

2. Only contest entrants (ie anyone who enters an appropriate figure in the contest) and forum members with more than 10 posts at the time of the contest start will be permitted to vote (bump or nonsense posts to pad that count do not qualify).

3. The contest will be judged by forum poll, counting for 75% of their score. The other 25% of the score will come from a panel of non-Lego people, of the FC selection.

4. If there are more than 20 submissions then non-poll forum voting will take place. This voting is scaled voting where eligible voters will get to cast 5 votes (3 of which can NOT be for your own custom). These 5 votes will be scaled by priority. 1st 10 points, 2nd 8 points, 3rd 6 points, 4th 4 points, and 5th 2 points. This process will be used to identify the top 25 entries which will then be placed into a second round of forum poll voting until a majority vote exists for a top competitor. This will then represent 75% of the final vote tally with the other 25% coming from the non-LEGO judges resulting in the final contest results.

5. Don't make comments (good or bad) in the entry thread, you will be disqualified and/or banned from posting for a set period.

6. Please feel free to share your custom creations on other forums, however please do not go trolling for votes. This is considered spamming. If this becomes an issue, we have the right to disqualify you from the contest. No one likes spamming as it's annoying and doing so does not help to promote the site or the contest. Doing so is likely to get you banned from these forums as we want to be good community members.

7. For goodness sakes, don't try to argue with the site admins over the contest, that's the fastest way to get thrown out. We are in this for fun, not for having people try to argue with us because you don't like what we are doing.

8. All decisions by the FC are final. The FC reserves the right to disqualify any submissions for any reason.

Prizes

Prize LIST

Good Luck to all!

K.A.M.

Disclaimer: KAM Sponcesored Forums is not responsible for your lack of sleep, appetite, missing work or school, or any other maladies you develop during the pursuit of the goals set forth in this contest!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Kaminoan on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kaminoan
Why Live in the Box? Customize Your World!!!
Fine Clonier
FineClonier@gmail.com
Kaminoan
Cloner in Chief

Postby firehawk302 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:05 pm

I am going to enter. Do we post our entries in this thread?
firehawk302
Student

Postby MMCB » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:08 pm

firehawk302 wrote:Do we post our entries in this thread?

No you post your entries in the Submissions thread which is directly below this announcement.

MMCB
MMCB
Thread Master

Postby Kaminoan » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:46 pm

It will unlock tomorrow when the contest actually starts.
Last edited by Kaminoan on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaminoan
Why Live in the Box? Customize Your World!!!
Fine Clonier
FineClonier@gmail.com
Kaminoan
Cloner in Chief

Postby Sithassassin » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:40 am

Well as my first post here, I would like to say that, I'm in!
Sithassassin

Postby Chaotic Good » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:03 am

Me too! I've been deliberating whether or not to join, and this contest swung it for me.

To the customizing desk!
If you're going to San Francisco,
be sure to wear some flowers in your hair...
If you're going to San Francisco,
You're gonna meet some gentle people there...
Chaotic Good
Lab Assistant

Postby xwingyoda » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:06 am

Really great contest guys, thanks for putting it together :wink:

And its great to have both clans to choose from :P Too bad I'm a bad customizer but that won't stop me from enetering this contest.

Yoda
Away put your weapon, I mean you no harm !!

My Brickshelf & Flickr
xwingyoda
Lab Assistant

Postby Lupus Lycan » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:07 am

I think I might actually come out of the Depth's of Non-Activity for this Contest :wink:
Lupus Lycan
Novice

Postby Capt. Fordo » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:55 am

So do you have to make something for Republic and the Seps or just one of each?
Knowlege is a possesion not an object
Capt. Fordo
Novice

Postby NewRight » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:50 am

Sounds like an amazing contest. I will have to try to come up with an entry. :D
NewRight
Lab Assistant

Postby banthabricks » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:11 am

Clones, droids and aliens... YES!

*Grabs sculpy, mixes paint, polishes clone*
"I, too, had questions. Every battle I have with fallen Jedi like you answers them."
―K'Kruhk to Quinlan Vos
banthabricks
Genetic Engineer

Postby SirNadroj » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:45 am

Entry posted! :wink:
SirNadroj
Mad Scientist

Postby Capt. Fordo » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:50 am

Forget about my question above I just didn't read properly. I understand now. :oops:
Knowlege is a possesion not an object
Capt. Fordo
Novice

Postby Exige » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:53 am

Looks amazing. Great job Kam + others :D .
I do have 2 questions about posting submissions.

1. When we post a submission, do we have to declare which faction it is for, and do we need to give a brief explanation of what it / he / she is ?

2. Are we allowed to submit variations of 1 minfigure (i.e. same body / arms / legs, but a different helmet / head) as different entries (in different posts of course).

?Exige
Exige

Postby uubergeek » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:06 am

Exige wrote:1. When we post a submission, do we have to declare which faction it is for, and do we need to give a brief explanation of what it / he / she is ?

2. Are we allowed to submit variations of 1 minfigure (i.e. same body / arms / legs, but a different helmet / head) as different entries (in different posts of course).

1 - if there is any doubt to the faction, please be sure to specify, an explanation is not required, but is always helpful

2 - each entry should really be unique... technically you could enter the same fig with a few differences, but when judging comes around, you are just going to dilute your entry with similar ones and that really isn't what the contest is for... try to be original with each entry
uubergeek
Database Slayer

Postby firehawk302 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:51 pm

If we have multiple entries is it okay if we double-post?
firehawk302
Student

Postby Rogue » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:28 pm

Only if I had the materials to customize... :?
Rogue
Novice

Postby astoriabluelegos » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:39 pm

I am SO doing this! :D I assume decals from you are okay? :wink:
ASTORIABLUELEGOS

The Official Eternal Star Wars Nit Picker!
<><
astoriabluelegos
Genetic Engineer

Postby Uberlag » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:20 pm

Hmmmm
Paints gonna fail me on this one, looks like I'll need to make me some decals...
Uberlag
Novice

Postby MMCB » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:50 pm

firehawk302 wrote:If we have multiple entries is it okay if we double-post?

4. You are allowed to submit as many FIGURES as you like, only limit is ONE ENTRY PER POST. If you have multiple entries you must make multiple posts. Please be creative

astoriabluelegos wrote:I assume decals from you are okay?

Naturally
MMCB
Thread Master

Re: K.A.M. Sponsored Custom Clone Wars Combatant Contest!

Postby xwingyoda » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:38 pm

Kaminoan wrote:6. Pictures must be formatted to 400 pixels x 400 pixels and posted in the appropriate forum.

Hey guys 1 question: is the 400x400 a max requirement or the pic HAS to be that format.

Because by using paint I'm not sure I can make the exact 400x400 but something slightly smaller like for instance 298x397, will that be acceptable ?

Thanks in advance :wink:

Yoda

My Brickshelf & Flickr
xwingyoda
Lab Assistant

Postby uubergeek » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:42 pm

sorry, but we ask for 400x400 for a reason. download a trial copy of paint shop pro, or gimp if needed... ifranview also has tools to help

just dont try to stretch it or something like that.. as it will make it look terrible
uubergeek
Database Slayer

Postby ODST7 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:46 pm

Wow! I am so entering! I already have a good idea.....
ODST7

Postby uubergeek » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:47 pm

great to hear it :)
uubergeek
Database Slayer

Postby xwingyoda » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:56 pm

uubergeek wrote:sorry, but we ask for 400x400 for a reason.

Thanks for the quick reply :wink: Don't be sorry, I'll just find a way, no worries at all there :D

Now I just need to find some good ideas !!

Yoda

My Brickshelf & Flickr
xwingyoda
Lab Assistant

Next

Return to Contests Archive