What is the contest,? you ask. Well it is simply building a Custom Scary Halloween figure out of official LEGO or custom elements. LEGO has been helping us out with scary pumpkin heads, goblins, ghosts, and even trolls, so you might not even need custom elements. Just play mix and match.
?There has to be a catch,? you say, well not this time, anyone from any country can enter. And now for the best part, the prize is TBA
1. Figure constructed must be scary. No princesses. Clowns yes, they scare the hell out of plenty of kids, but I have yet to meet a scary princess.
2. Figure must be constructed from ?OFFICAL? LEGO or custom elements. Decals, cut up parts, whatever it all flies here.
3. Contest is open to ANY and ALL, WORLDWIDE, so spread the word. The only ineligible person is ME, Kaminoan.
4. You are allowed to submit as many FIGURES as you like, only limit is ONE ENTRY PER POST. If you have multiple entries you must make multiple posts.
5. Picture submission will be via the forums, in the contest thread. Pictures must be formatted to 400 pixels x 400 pixels and posted in the appropriate forum. Limit of 1 picture per Haunted Figure!!! You may link your one picture to a gallery, but your figure will be judged solely on this ONE photo.
6. Photoshop and other digitial effects are legal, unless they contribute to the customization of the figure. Meaning the figure MUST physically exist, as must all the customized parts. You may create digital effects that enhance your figure, ie spooky clouds around it, but the figure and its custom parts must be physically created where someone could pick up the figure in its entirety.
7. The Contest will start as soon as you start Constructing, but submissions will be accepted from Midnight (US Central Standard Time) on October 1st, 2008 to 11:59pm (US Central Standard Time) on October 31st, 2008.
8. The haunted figures will be judged by forum poll, counting for 75% of their score. The other 25% of the score will come from a panel of non-Lego people, of the FC selection.
9. All decisions by the FC are final. The FC reserves the right to disqualify any submissions for any reason.
Now the good stuff:
? TOP Prize: TBA
? Second Prize (Two): TBA
Think that is about it, a thread will be set up shortly for submission, please ask contest questions here.
Since your figure will be judged on your photographs, take your time and submit the best photo you can. You can always shrink them down to the appropriate size. Need help figuring out how to take that photo or alter its size, check the forums for tips.
Don?t know how to make a custom figure out of official parts, just yank those arms off, and switch them out, it is the ultimate minifig part mix and match.
Please feel free to announce this contest anywhere and everywhere.
Last edited by Kaminoan on Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellien wrote:So do we reply with our pics on this post here?
There's a submission thread under this one. So, the figures can be anything right, as long as it's 'scary'? Would 'slightly disturbing' fit the bill? Of course, it's nothing that clashed with the Code of Conduct, just something that has been labelled 'disturbing' before this contest.