Announcing the FC Historical Figure Contest!!
?What is the contest,? you ask. Well it is simply building a Historical figure out of official LEGO elements. THAT IS CORRECT, NO CUSTOM PARTS. It doesn?t matter what your culture ANY historical figure will do. Please submit one reference from WIKI or similar site for your historical figure; it has been a while since world history back in high school.
PLEASE NOTE: Your figure will be judged on how well it resembles the historical person it emulates, so make sure your reference material gives some physical description of the person if not a photo.
?There has to be a catch,? you say, well not this time, anyone from any country can enter. And now for the best part, the prize is none other than that most highly sought after golden droid C-3P0. Thanks to the generous anonymous contribution the FC has secured a gold C-3P0 for the contest.
1. Figure constructed must be historically significant, i.e. pick up a history book and read about them.
2. Figure must be constructed from ?OFFICAL? LEGO elements ONLY, no decals, no custom parts.
3. Contest is open to ANY and ALL, WORLDWIDE, so spread the word. The only ineligible person is ME, Kaminoan.
4. You are allowed to submit as many FIGURES as you like, only limit is ONE ENTRY PER POST. If you have multiple entries you must make multiple posts.
5. Submission must be accompanied with a link to reference material on that figure, example WIKI or some other online encyclopedia.
6. Picture submission will be via the forums, in the contest thread. Pictures must be formatted to 400 pixels x 400 pixels and posted in the appropriate forum. Limit of 1 picture per Historical Figure!!! You may link your one picture to a gallery, but your figure will be judged solely on this ONE photo.
7. The Contest will start as soon as you start Constructing, but submissions will be accepted from Midnight (US Central Standard Time) on September 1st, 2007 to Midnight (US Central Standard Time) on October 1st, 2007.
8. The historical figures will be initially judged by a panel of non-Lego people, of the FC selection, to identify the top 5 figures. Once the top 5 figures have been identified voting in the forums will commence approximately one week after the submission deadline to select the best historical figure.
9. All decisions by the FC are final. The FC reserves the right to disqualify any submissions for any reason.
Now the good stuff:
? TOP Prize (One): Gold C-3P0 still in the white 1-10,000 bag. This is an all or none contest.
? Second Prize (Two): A set of the custom accessories I have sculpted and cast, no tauntaun, sorry. Most have not seen these pieces and I will not list them here, but I believe whoever wins them will be happy. Not as happy as first place, but it is better than a kick in the teeth.
Think that is about it, a thread will be set up shortly for submission, please ask contest questions here.
Since your figure will be judged on your photographs, take your time and submit the best photos you can. You can always shrink them down to the appropriate size. Need help figuring out how to take that photo or alter its size, check the forums for tips.
Don?t know how to make a custom figure out of official parts, just yank those arms off, and switch them out, it is the ultimate minifig part mix and match.
Please feel free to announce this contest anywhere and everywhere.
These figures would all be illegal in the current contest as they use decals and custom parts.